Rocco & Associates Wealth Management, Inc. is a holistic financial services firm based in Fairfield, CT offering a wide range of financial planning solutions. Combining the tradition of the finance industry with the culture of a startup, Rocco & Associates Wealth Management is looking for energetic individuals who will bring a fresh perspective and innovative touch to a traditional concept.
The Paraplanner is an entry level position. The role will assist teams of advisors in building, presenting, and executing financial plans. The Paraplanner will be instructed in financial planning from the ground up and is encouraged to also seek professional designations like the Certified Financial PlannerTM designation. The position has three main areas of responsibility:
- Financial Plan Development: Use the company’s financial planning tools and associated best practices to build, maintain and present financial plans.
- Financial Operations: Help advisors monitor client portfolios and execute trades to keep portfolios aligned with client risk tolerance and investment objectives. Works closely with the firm’s financial planning and portfolio analytics tools to work at the intersection of financial planning and asset management.
- Client Relationship Management: Sit in on client meetings with advisor teams to start to develop the soft skills required to build and manage client relationships. As your role at the firm expands this will become a larger component. The Paraplanner is the first step towards becoming a client facing advisor.
This unique opportunity offers a learning experience in the world of personal financial planning for an entry level candidate and an opportunity to be creative on a day-to-day basis. The Paraplanner is a full time salaried position with competitive benefits and a performance based bonus. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of one of the fastest growing independent firms in Connecticut!
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (lower GPAs will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Above average skill with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Writing samples will be requested.
- Will be required to get requisite licenses (Series 7, 66, and Insurance) within 6 months of employment.
- Previous experience in the financial services and/or client services industries is a plus.
- Experience with financial planning tools like eMoney or MoneyGuidePro is a plus.
- Experience with a CRM system is a plus.
- Experience with financial research applications such as Morningstar or Bloomberg is a plus.
- Team player who can work in a group, but also work independently on large tasks. Will be required to plan out course of action to finish creative projects on time.